Wycombe High School is the lead school for the Bucks, Berks and Oxon Maths Hub and is one of 35 hubs designated in the summer of 2014. The Maths Hub programme is supported by the National Centre for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics and funded by the DfE. You can find out more about Maths Hubs and where they are http://www.mathshubs.org.uk/
The Maths Hubs programme brings together mathematics education professionals in a collaborative national network of 35 hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students.
Our hub covers the following areas: Buckinghamshireto just north of Aylesbury (Milton Keynes and Buckingham are covered by the Enigma Hub); West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead (Bracknell Forest and Slough are covered by the Surrey Plus Hub); Oxfordshire - including Bicester, Oxford and Wantage (the Banbury area is part of the Enigma Hub and West Oxfordshire is covered by the GLOW Hub).
Many schools on the border of two hubs, sign up to both and attend events and participate in workgroups which are conveniently situated and are of interest to them. All the hubs are happy with this arrangement, we just want you to get involved!
We are privileged to be working with the following partners:
· Oxford Brookes University
· The Mathematical Association
· The Further Maths Support Programme
· The Core Maths Support Programme
· Oxfordshire Teaching School Alliance
· Kendrick School, Reading
· Buckinghamshire Learning Trust
· West Berkshire Local Authority
together with an increasing number of primary and secondary schools, and colleges across our region.
How to contact us:
Senior Lead - Sharon Cromie
· Mastery Lead - Jane Liddle
· Level 3 Lead - Kathy Bentley
For all enquires please email: Mathscourses@whs.bucks.sch.uk
The work of Maths Hubs falls into two broad categories:
1. National Collaborative Projects - where all hubs work in a common way to address a programme priority area
2. Local projects, where hubs work independently on locally tailored projects to address the programme priorities. These projects are based on feedback from schools and colleges we work with and involve us repeating popular workgroups or providing new opportunities where you tell us there is a need. For example, we were approached by teachers working in the EYFS and SEND areas who told us there is not enough provision in mathematics for their phase and we are delighted to be running some workgroups to begin to address their needs. We are also keen to run more events in Oxfordshire and Reading/West Berkshire if there is sufficient interest. So please do get in touch.
Teaching for Mastery Workgroups
Increasing Participation in Post-16/Level 3 Mathematics (Secondary)
Reasoning and Problem Solving Workgroups
Leadership Development Workgroups
Curriculum, Resources and Qualifications Workgroups
Supply of specialist teachers of Mathematics Workgroups
We are leading a number of other courses and events in our region and publicise these in our regular newsletters. Click to see our LATEST NEWSLETTER.
To sign up for our newsletter or for any further information please email: email@example.com
Cygnus are dedicated to ensuring the highest possible standards